When you step into the learning environment you are tasked with conveying information in an engaging way that leads to improved job performance. As a talent developer this means you have many responsibilities. You train, you manage the classroom, guide discussion, lead activities, and facilitate a host of other happenings in the classroom.
During a learning event, your role as facilitator is one of the most important. In this practical, hands on program you will learn and practice the art of facilitation by:
- Facilitating while learning yourself
- Receiving immediate feedback and coaching on your facilitation
- And all in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Practice facilitation skills.
- Identify 5 ways to engage learners quickly and easily.
- Use a 4-part format to encourage discussion.
- Practice methods for dealing with challenging behaviors.
- Receive feedback on your facilitation skills.
I’ll be offering a public program through Sacramento Association of Talent Development on May 1st and 2nd. You can get details and register here.